Spring Home Maintenance: Exterior
Spring Home Maintenance: Exterior Checklist
Spring is finally here in metro Atlanta, and the weather is just starting to warm up! With all the nice weather and sunshine we’re having, its time to start on your spring home maintenance checklist. Today we’re going to talk about the home maintenance tasks you should be doing each spring on the exterior of your home. Don’t forget that keeping up with your home maintenance can save you thousands of dollars in repair and replacement costs.
To keep things simple for you, we’ve come up with a simple exterior spring home maintenance checklist:
- Check on your lawn tools (lawn mowers, weed eaters, blowers, etc.) to make sure they’re in working condition. Many lawn tools can be repaired instead of replaced if they’re not working properly.
- Look at your roof for loose, missing, or damaged vents or shingles and have them repaired and replaced as necessary so you don’t find yourself with a leak.
- Check all your siding and trim for loose or damaged spots and have these places repaired as necessary.
- Check for damaged windows or screens.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clear and don’t have any damaged or broken places. Spring time can bring lots of rain and if the rain isn’t diverted properly, it can cause damage to your home.
- Look around your homes foundation and/or basement for any obvious cracked or damaged spots. Any cracks (even small ones) can seriously compromise the integrity and safety of your home.
- Inspect any exposed wood for signs of damage, rot, or bug infestation. Compromised wood can present structural and safety issues for your home.
- Make sure all tree branches are trimmed back and away from your home. This will prevent them from falling on your home in case of a storm.
- Check your yard for any particularly wet or lush patches that seem to stand out. This could be a sign of a pipe leak under your yard.
For help with any plumbing maintenance or repairs call the local professionals you can trust at Masterflo Plumbing! (678) 822-7095